Lemons on Fabric

I was introduced to Spoonflower from the blog of Handmade Jane when she was talking about her current obsession of lemon prints five weeks ago. And I was hooked at the same time over lemons and thought of buying myself two yards of fabric with these lemons on it.

Though, whenever I really really really (that's three reallies already) like something I leave it for sometime hoping my emotional buying would fade away. But if my likeness still lingers around after weeks, months or years it means I should really go ahead and make the step forward. Somehow I get a little nervous when it happens with the what-ifs in my head, like, what if it's not something I was expecting at all and will not be able to be put of use.

Oh well, this is the print we are talking about.

Lemons

Isn't it lovely? Isn't it?!?

And guess what!? After five weeks I finally placed an order of this print on basic combed cotton fabric for two yards and will be having it shipped to my New York ShopandShip mail forwarder. Shipping is USD 3.00 to New York while the fabric itself is USD 17.50 x 2, plus I also ordered a swatch book (a sample pack of all types of fabrics that Spoonflower offers) for USD 1.00. That's a total of USD 39.00 for this order which translates to AED 156.00, not bad at all.

So it says my order will be shipped around 3rd of September.

Meanwhile, I'll sit and wait while dreaming of making a skirt with this lovely print.

0 comments