Reflections for first half of 2014

The first half of 2014 has been a rocky road experience. I decided to write my reflections since I feel a lot of things have happened that turned my world upside down especially before 2013 left and the arrival of 2014 that had me in a bittersweet state. Some experiences were good, some not really. I have experienced things and some self discovery I never thought of (they were in fact really nice) and at the same time there are life hurdles that I have had to face head on.

I want to do a little recollection and random things about me. And, since this is my blog and I will write whatever I feel like writing so embrace it :)

Ramadan came and gone and so was my social Iftars then the Eid holidays. Germany won the FIFA World Cup 2014.
Al Khawali Restaurant
Al Khawali Restaurant Lebanese-themed dining place
I have visited Al Khawali Restaurant for the first time for an Iftar dinner with my Egyptian friend and he became my second teacher how to smoke shisha properly.
August
Let's hope for the best things to come
Random things:

1. Car arrest. My car has put me into lots of trouble lately mainly due to my fault but I am not giving up on her because I intend to drive it to the ground till every piece is broken and beyond repair.
Yaris
Pinkie just washed, photographed by Vanessa

To those close to me personally know that my little car that I call Pinkie went on "vacation" at Dubai Police Ø´Ø±Ø·Ø© for 8 weeks and I had to arrange a rental car so I could manage to go and about my daily routine and to continue my just about nomadic lifestyle. My work is literally 80 kilometers away from home and it's not in downtown Dubai so having to arrange my own transportation is essential. I know I have been a not-so responsible car owner, lesson learned. Now moving on, BIIGGGGGGGGGG thanks to friends from the one who helped me get a cheap rental car through another friend who works at car rental company down to another long-time friend of mine who was with me till late when I picked up my car and roaming around the city to find an open car washing. I didn't want to be fined again for a fresh out of Police yard car being too dirty when I use it to work the next day eh?

So this is my daily drive, back and forth.
Ajman
79.6 kilometers = 50 minutes car drive per way
2. Apartment. Prior to completing a year at my rental apartment's tenancy contract, it got me really thinking either to keep my two-bedroom apartment or move to a one bedroom? My brother can move to his company-provided accommodation in effect I will pay less money for my rent. Yes, it will sort of help increase my personal cash flow. But I really like the thought of family environment for my siblings instead of being all by ourselves in a foreign country. Talk about being the eldest of six siblings here. Plus, since he likes the living room so much that he doesn't like staying in his room, I made it my home office / sewing / creativity room, which he doesn't mind. So we both still have our own space.

Finally, decided to keep my apartment and negotiated with my landlord to allow me pay same rate as previous year's. She did let me on a condition of two cheques instead of four, which I was happy to find ways. She's happy, I'm happy.

2. Eid holidays. I made up my mind to have a grand Eid celebration. That means away from my usual routine. So, I stayed back at the comfort of my own home as oppose to going here, there and everywhere. Initially thought of inviting friends over to help me sew but I decided to be quite and chill instead to recuperate from my usual busy life. That was luxury already, ayeee!

3. I fell in love! Love is good. But it was over. Somehow, it made me feel human again after three years of my previous relationship that ended in a broken engagement. And with all oddity, I fell in love to someone who professed his extreme likeness on me two and a half years ago. Told him then that I needed time and that we are two different species. I couldn't comprehend it but I did fell in love on him. I haven't had that feeling towards him previously and without advance notice it struck me like a lightning bolt. Before I know it, I have adored him so much already. It was over though after a couple of months we realized we better off as friends again. Cool enough.

4. Dying plants at my balcony. I lost a couple of my potted plants due to heat, that was really sad.

I will be back!

0 comments