Delphine skirt + sleeveless silk fuchsia top

Ayayaay! I can't believe it... It's more than 8 weeks since my last post. My offline life has been crazy busy and time pass by me, please forgive me on that one and I know this is not going to be the last. Really sorry in advance :( I wish I have more than 24 hours a day but that's just impossible, and 18 hours being awake and walking up straight in a day is enough I guess.

I have had happy times spending some quality time with my closest friends, new acquaintances, the Salsa crowd, and these of course aside from doing my usual 8 hours a day office work (sometimes more). I've been dragging myself to visit the gym often as well and I am glad that after 5 months I can see the obvious result.

Ramadan month is almost coming to an end next week with Eid holidays coming up and thinking of giving myself a break. Maybe watch a couple of movies from my TV + coffee and be a couch potato in my pajamas all day long. I mean all "Eid" long. Sounds like a plan then (big smile here). Let's see :)

Guess what? I did manage to make that Delphine skirt as well from Tilly's Love at First Stitch.

There it is!

My friends and I stayed at Ramada Hotel and Suites Ajman this weekend, so I took the opportunity to take some nice outdoor photographs with the help of friends Leslie and Jen.

There was nothing extra special at the hotel. But I like the idea of a short breakaway from monotony of life. No distraction and I get really relaxed. No sewing to do, no cleaning up to do, no clothes to fold away, no laundry to sort, no emails, no organizing stuff to do, ayayayay! And then there's sumptous Iftar dinner buffet, forget the idea of dieting. They have an indoor swimming pool as well.

Oh well, the following morning the group went to the beach while I was still busy catching up some sleep. The hotel did a good job providing me a perfect ambience for a goooood sleep. That's what they do right? And there was buffet breakfast as well. I didn't manage to take photos as I went half asleep before they close the buffet breakfast. Good thing about staying at a hotel is that you no need to worry about preparing your own breakfast, they do it for you, hehe! Nice break after all.

The weather was 37 degrees Celsius and was a little humid and yet was a nice afternoon just before sunset.

Now moving on to my outfit, hahahah :)

The top was a self-drafted pattern and I had somebody bought the fabric for me from Sharjah at AED10 per yard, that's less than USD 3. For my Delphine skirt, I made it at size 2 and the fabric was re-made from bubu, (a West African robe worn by men) that I got from thrift store for AED 1. It has nice prints and it's a nice feel stiff cotton so I thought of a Delphine skirt immediately.

There I am daydreaming when will I be able to afford that flying lessons for aerobatic small plane like those in Red Bull Air Races. Oh well, like I always say, I have a lifetime to do all the things I want to do.

Ciao for now friends, and I hope you liked my outfit. I also hope to fill my wardrobe with me-made clothing just like the people at sewing blogosphere especially my favourites (they are the people I've been following and taking inspiration from and I really love their makes) to name a few - Kim of Reves Mecanique, Ami of The Little Tailoress, Gertie of Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing, Lauren of Lladybird and of course Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons!

Oh, I need to sign up for that photography class for next month so hopefully I can show you some nice photos as well around Dubai next time too.

2 comments