January Engagement

2015-Engagement-January-01

I am welcoming the first month of the year with all the positive vibes and we will start off with an engagement.

Just because, I have just become engaged!

It happened so fast that I feel like am walking on the clouds when he told me he wants to marry me.

I think I have managed to stay calm while we were going through every tidbits of our lives in that five-hour long conversation first official date with my now fiancé.

Our couple story is a bit of a strange one among our friends as they didn't see it coming. Honestly, I didn't see it coming too.

2015-Engagement-January-02

2015-Engagement-January-03

Ours is not a unique story though.

According to our company CFO who is originally from India, most of successful marriages in India are arranged by families. Couples who are initially total stranger from each other.

My fiance's take on the matter is that it's like we were engaged in a traditional Arab way. 

In comparison though to the now relationship that me and fiance have - we are not a total stranger to each other. My own sets of friends are his friends for more than a decade. Oddly enough that we didn't meet all these years. He then said that maybe this is the right time that we will meet.

2015-Engagement-January-04

2015-Engagement-January-05

2015-Engagement-January-06

2015-Engagement-January-07

2015-Engagement-January-08

How it started...

My man and I were introduced by a common friend on a yacht party. He was in fact being matched to another friend so we only had a very small amount of chit-chat that time.

Later on through our common friend he found me on facebook and sent me a friend request. I didn't want to be rude since he's a friend of a friend and he's been a very good host at the yacht party so I felt obliged to accept.

Never would I imagine I will meet him 4 months later to talk about ourselves including how we lead our own private lives and different lifestyles.

We clicked immediately after our first official date and everything followed through shortly after that in a fast-paced manner. Much to our own separate sets of closest friends and family's surprise. Our minds connected easily.

In two weeks time we got everything covered from the engagement ring, to house hunt, and the paperwork related to our wedding is in process.

My system is still in shock. But you know the feeling, your gut tells you that you have in front of you the person that you want to be with for the rest of your life.

He is not perfect, nor am I. No one is.

But we made a commitment to each other.

We are two different people that will do our very best to weather the storm and face different seasons of life all through out, together.

Our first date was at Souk Madinat Jumeirah by Trader Vics. We agreed to meet at 12 noon time but because I was in a welcome event the previous night I woke up really late and sore from previous night's dancing so I reached our meeting place exactly 1 pm.

He ordered a duck dish which is already off the menu while I had grilled salmon.

While we were chatting over lunch, I closely observed him. In front of me is a smart man. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it. Intellect teamed up with guts is my perfect recipe.

We are both ready to build real love. The kind of love to survive the test of time, distance, sandstorms, typhoons and everything else.

Eventually love will be built and be given in full to the right partner who will reciprocate the same while respecting each personal choices and individuality.

What draw me close to him.

I looked into his eyes, and they are full of hope. Hope for all things positive. It's so beautiful as if looking through his soul that I could get lost in his stare.

My decision to not be involved with any man after my last relationship had an exactly 180 degrees turn. Or maybe it was my subconscious telling me that all this while this man has it all to be my lifetime partner.

And this man right in front of me wants to marry me on our first official date together.

Everybody (well, mostly) thinks I'm crazy... I'd say I'm taking the risk to be with someone who knows how to party and yet knows how to treat a woman so dearly as well.

The same day we made a commitment to work things out before things start be thrown at us. It is when our minds meet coupled with understanding that no one is perfect. He has his colorful past and I have mine too.

I now know that it's easy to fall for him. A man who wants nothing but the best for me.

2015-Engagement-January-09

2015-Engagement-January-10

As the day goes by, I quickly grown fondness of him. Noticeable as well is the affection I have immediately developed for him.

We are getting to know each other better on daily basis. And his close friends speak highly of him.

Today I have instilled into my being these magical words for our relationship.

Acceptance. Forgiveness. Love.

To my lifetime partner Shareef, my husband-to-be, my partner in crime.

Outfit:
Dress: Thrift Cotton Black Dress
Earrings: Gift by Annabelle Guerrero she kindly brought all the way from Philippines as pasalubong

P.S. We got the engagement ring from Bhansali Jewellery. The lady manager Rica Bhansali has kindly helped and assisted us to pick the right ring considering our preferences. We finally set on a 4-prong solitaire diamond ring in 18k white gold setting.

0 comments