Overlock Sewing Machine Part 1



Alright, couple of days ago I brought home this little monster err overlock machine / serger, from our local sewing machine retailer. It's a Star brand from India, considered semi industrial for domestic / household use. I thought I am in for a treat when Aftab, the salesman / shop owner told me it costs AED 300, over the phone. My eyes widened with excitement! Jeez, really?

So yours truly drove down to his shop with excitement and picked up my new overlock machine only to be told that the motor is separate and it has to be fixed up by his technician if I want the packed one. And I will have to come back for it because technician is not in that day. Well, I don't like the display item so I took the packed item and with confidence told him that I can fix it myself if it has instructions inside. He assured me though that in case I'm not able to he'd be happy to arrange with his technician to fix it but I have to bring the thing to his shop. Okay, okay...

Now, I have been staring err analyzing this thing for the last three days thinking how the hell I am going to connect both in the right direction? It's just not happening. And it doesn't come with instructions too! I guess I have no option but to bring this back and let them attach the motor to the machine. Excitement gone.

Will be back with an update.

0 comments