My Balcony Garden Part 1

A friend came back from his trip in Philippines sometime two months ago and brought large creamy avocados as pasalubong. This avocado fruit (very much look like Day variant (Source: http://toptropicals.com) is rare to find in Dubai supermarkets and so at the vegetable / fruit markets. While eating I told my friends not to throw the seeds away because I will grow it. All eyes on me and were like, what?!?!

They were actually two but I threw the other one because I won't have space in my balcony for two growing avocado seedlings.




It's growing so fast! Will wait and see how tall it'll become in a month or two.

My Improved Meyer Lemons don't seem to possess that speedy growing trait.



This photo was taken yesterday and and it didn't change much from how it looked two weeks ago. Same thing with my three other Improved Meyer Lemon seedlings.

For my potting mix, I use 30% potting soil, 30% perlite, 30% peat moss and 10% vegetarian bio organic compost.  On the top layer I put wood mulch for my Improved Meyer Lemon seedlings.


Anyone out there who would like to share their balcony garden pictures too?


1 comments

  1. I really appreciate your work which you have shared here about the peat moss. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. Thank you so much. peat moss compost

    ReplyDelete