Bird's Eye Chili Pepper and Potting Ingredients

My Bird's Eye Chili Pepper seedling is now on it's third week (if I am not mistaken), though I think Dubai rather Ajman heat might have affected it as it looks stunted. Take a look.

Chili Pepper

I sprayed it with water one hot afternoon as it looks stressed. 

It looked much better after two hours.


Chili Pepper

The whitish pebble-like thing is called perlite. I have only found one contact in Dubai that sells perlite, company is called Gulf Perlite. I read from forums the advantages of mixing it with potting soil for water retention, drainage and aeration in potted plants.

If you are interested to buy, you may contact them at the listed mobile numbers listed on their site. Friendly people and they don't mind selling retail to enthusiasts. Their location is Jebel Ali but they have an office in Marina if you want to buy only a  couple of bags. Good news! 


I bought one 100 liters bag (smallest bag) for AED30 (three-zero Ø¯Ø±Ù‡Ù…), after filling up few pots the bag still looks full!

Perlite

Another potting ingredient is Sphagnum Peat Moss Black. Also, only one contact I have found in Dubai - Shalimar Biotech Industries LLC and again they don't mind selling retail to gardening enthusiasts.

Sphagnum Peat Moss Black

You will save a lot of money if you buy directly from them. I found their contact details from Abaddon on post in expatwoman website here. Go ahead and call them at +971 4 884 9790 or +971 4 223 9494.

Below is my list.



Happy gardening!

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions. I'd love to hear from you.

0 comments