Perspectives

Flex ko lang ang photo-op ko almost 6 years ago sometime in October 2014, with Itsoura.

Filipina-Expat-Age-33-2014

October 2014

This was before I met my now ex-husband. Age: 32 years old.

I am so happy with these photos and how it turned out. Talagang request ko kay Josephus I want the photos to be as natural as possible, and he delivered!

This one below is my most favourite. Yung natural lighting effect ng sunshine striking my hair, I feel it’s magical. Echos haha.

On the other hand, I have no regrets with the decisions I made. I even wrote about our engagement in my old blog here.

It was tough but I made it through and I’m alive. I am grateful to God of gifting me a child and I named him Eisa. Ipinangako ko sa sarili ko na papalakihin ko siya ng maayos, he is loved, he belongs and I will aide him in building his character.

I remain me. I learned a lot about myself along the way.

I had to endure the mental stress as aftermath of the collapse of my marriage. I still feel the pain kahit 3 years na ang nakakaraan, so I can’t get myself to watch the latest Korean drama na “The World of the Married” tagos sa puso ko charing hehe.

Though I had come to a realization that each time I stumble into hurdles, I feel it’s a revelation of either the two: (1) a lesson to strengthen my character, or (2) learn in letting go and believe that there’s something else for me.

The first year was difficult, slowly medyo naging okay-okay na as time passes. I heard somewhere, time is the best medicine. I have learned that I don’t have to please everyone. I ate to my heart’s content. And I indulged myself in watching Korean and Chinese dramas for my entertainment in the evenings and weekends. I actually took a liking of learning Hangul and Mandarin in the near future.

Periodically, I pause and savor my present. Life is beautiful.

My next personal goal is to build my core strength and achieve a 24-inch waistline. But rather than being skinny, I desire to be strong. No crash dieting, only gradual change into my eating habits and re-introducing workout routines. And I love my waist trainers, and improving my digestive health.

I wish me a happy me and a happy you. 🙂

0 comments